No Southern meal is complete without this comfort side. Our Creamy Southern Style Coleslaw will make it so easy, you’ll want to prepare it for every meal! This coleslaw calls for simple ingredients, which you probably already have at home. Simply toss the crisp veggies in clean mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, and mustard, so you get a perfect blend of creamy and crunchy textures.
If you want to change things up, add some thin slices of fresh apple. This is a great side dish for any summer meal or barbecue! The cool flavors make it nice and refreshing for those hot days.
PrintCreamy Southern Style Coleslaw
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 177 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 123mg | Carbohydrates: 15g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Protein: 3g | SmartPoints: 7Ingredients
- 1/2 cup clean mayonnaise (we used Primal Kitchen Mayo), more to taste
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 small sweet white onion, sliced thin strips
- 2 granny smith apples, sliced into thin strips (optional for added sweetness)
DirectionsWhisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, celery salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. In a second large mixing bowl, toss together green and purple cabbage, carrot, onion, and apples (if using). Gradually pour the mayonnaise mixture over the top and mix to coat the cabbage. Allow to sit for 5 minutes and stir before serving.188.8.131.52http://skinnyms.com/creamy-southern-style-coleslaw-recipe/Copyright 2012 Skinny Ms. ® All rights reserved.
Like us on Facebook, or follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, for more delicious clean recipes!