Ready to make change happen? Begin by stocking your kitchen and pantry with foods for weight loss success. Here’s the ultimate Weight Watchers grocery list, including recipes using each ingredient so you can start that new-you meal plan.
Foods for Weight Watchers
1. Almonds | Skillet Chicken & Herbs with Garden Salad
Enjoy 12-14 whole, unsalted almonds for a healthy snack or incorporate this weight loss food into your regular meal planning.
2. Apple| Slow Cooker Skinny Applesauce
Pectin, a filling form of fiber, makes this a natural snack and ingredient choice when you’re working hard to shed pounds.
3. Arugula | Mango and Arugula Salad with Cilantro Crema
Treat your body to high-calcium, low-calorie goodness with this superfood.
4. Avocado | Barbeque Chicken & Avocado Quesadillas
The healthy monounsaturated fats in avocado help burn belly fat faster.
5. Bananas | Banana Walnut Overnight Oatmeal
Filling and full of potassium, bananas are Mother Nature’s original to-go snack.
6. Beans | Brown Rice & Red Beans Bowl
Add protein power to many recipes with appetite-satisfying beans, such as black, kidney, or garbanzo beans.
7. Bell Pepper | Roasted Asparagus & Peppers
These colorful veggies, packed with vitamins A and C, are versatile and easy to prepare.
8. Blueberries | Protein Blueberry Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Add fresh or frozen blueberries to your shopping list for a yummy fiber boost.
9. Broccoli | Southwestern Broccoli & Potato Casserole
When you want a Weight Watchers grocery list must-have, stock your fridge with low-calorie, low-carb broccoli.
10. Broth | Veggie Pot Pie Stew
Whether you stock vegetable, beef, or chicken, low-sodium, fat-free broth makes it easy to prep healthy soup recipes or add flavor to other dishes.
11. Cabbage | Spicy Roasted Cabbage Wedges
One half-cup of this veggie contains under 20 calories, making it a natural on any weight loss menu plan.
12. Cauliflower | Spaghetti with Cauliflower & Peas
This superfood is super low in calories and so simple to prepare.
13. Chicken | Slow Cooker Fried Chicken
Healthy and oh-so-versatile, fresh or frozen chicken is a staple ingredient in many weight loss kitchens.
14. Chili Peppers | Chicken and Black Bean Chili
Peppers contain capsaicin, a substance that delivers a temporary, natural metabolism lift.
15. Edamame | Fresh & Hearty Salad
These immature soybeans are delish as snacks and salad toppings, plus they’re full of protein and fiber.
16. Eggs | Bacon & Egg Breakfast Muffins
Say “good morning, sunshine” with a protein-packed ingredient that supports lean muscle development.
17. Eggplant | Roasted Eggplant and Quinoa Salad
This purple superfood is low in carbs, and it adds a meaty bite to any healthy recipe.
18. Flax Seeds | Blueberry, Mint, and Flax Seed Smoothie
Sprinkle this weight loss food on salads, yogurt, and oatmeal for an easy omega-3 fatty acids boost.
19. Goji Berries | Superfood Strawberry & Goji Berry Smoothie
These berries contain protein, so they’ll satisfy the appetite like other fruits cannot.
20. Green Tea | Orange-Pomegranate Green Tea
This low-calorie beverage contains compounds that help boost weight loss, plus caffeine for a temporary metabolism boost.
21. Kale | Crispy Quinoa & Kale Fritters
Low in calories and high in nutrients, this is a must-have veggie for your Weight Watchers grocery list.
22. Marinara Sauce | Homemade Marinara Sauce
No kitchen would be complete without this pasta staple. Look for no-added-sugar brands or make homemade sauce.
23. Mozzarella Cheese | Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Panini
Low-fat dairy options satisfy the appetite and nourish you with protein.
24. Mushrooms | Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Mushrooms are delicious meaty substitutes for red meat—they satisfy the appetite for far fewer calories.
25. Oatmeal | Refrigerator Oatmeal with Bananas & Berries
This breakfast staple is full of slow-release carbohydrates that will keep you feeling full.
26. Pears | Creamy Sweet Potato & Pear Soup
These fruits are high in waistline-friendly fiber, plus they provide a natural energy boost.
27. Pumpkin Seeds | Chili-Lime Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
Add these healthy seed toppings to deliver flavor and nutrients to salads, soups, and snacks.
28. Quinoa | Quinoa (Meatless) Meatballs
Use this versatile seed-like grain as a healthy alternative to white rice.
29. Raspberries | Peanut Butter & Fresh Raspberries on Toast
Add frozen or fresh berries to your Weight Watchers grocery list to benefit from weight loss ingredient raspberry ketones.
30. Strawberries | Strawberry & Spinach Salad
These red gems are sweet low-calorie treats that taste great in smoothies, desserts, or all on their own.
31. Sweet Potatoes | Skinny Sweet Potato Sticks
Filled with fiber, these ‘taters offer a versatile way to enjoy your veggies.
32. Tofu | Spicy Grilled Tofu with Szechuan Vegetables
Use this soy-based food as a high-protein alternative to red meat.
33. Tuna | Lite Tuna Melt Whole Wheat Wrap
This easy-prep food is full of protein that feeds lean muscle for a higher metabolism.
34. Turkey | Turkey Loaf
High in protein and low in carbs, this ingredient is virtually a must because it’s just so versatile.
35. Whole Wheat Pasta | One-Skillet Chicken & Pasta
The whole wheat version offers more fiber, a key weight loss ingredient, than its white flour counterpart.
36. Wild Salmon | 6-Ingredient Wild Salmon Fillets
Love your body with a food rich in the omega-3 fatty acids that make your heart happy and act as a natural appetite suppressant.
Spices, Dips, Baking, & More for Weight Watchers
37. Cinnamon | Slow Cooker Cinnamon Apples
This spice is high in minerals, but it also plays a role in lowering blood sugar and LDL (bad) cholesterol.
38. Cumin | Easy Lemon Cumin Yogurt Dip
Give your body a temporary increase in metabolism with this tasty spice.
39. Ginger | Garlic Ginger Green Beans
Long used as a natural remedy for many ailments, ginger also boosts the body’s natural detoxification system and temporarily raises metabolism.
40. Turmeric | Immune Booster Turmeric Tea
Research suggests this golden spice may have a positive impact on blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
41. Condiments | Healthy Homemade Ketchup
Look for no-added-sugar versions of your favorite condiments, like ketchup and mustard, for your Weight Watchers grocery list.
42. Hummus | Roasted Garlic Hummus
Add this chickpea-based food (a clean eating brand or homemade) to the shopping list for a nutrition-filled dip for your favorite fresh veggies.
43. Maple Syrup | Maple Banana Quinoa
Ditch the processed syrups for better-for-you 100% pure maple syrup, which has less of a negative impact on blood sugar and provides a host of antioxidants you can’t get from processed syrups.
44. Nut Butter | Clean Eating Almond Butter
The combo of healthy fat and protein makes this a smart alternative to other spreads.
45. Salsa | Skinny Salsa Dip
This low-cal option will satisfy your snack tooth the healthy way.
46. Taco Seasoning | SkinnyMs. Taco Seasoning
Health-up weekly taco night with a low-sodium packaged brand, or prepare this super-easy homemade recipe that won’t junk up your body with excess sodium.
47. Coconut Oil (unrefined)| 101 Uses for Coconut Oil
This oil is a good addition to any Weight Watchers grocery list because it contains medium-chain triglycerides, which may help boost metabolism.
48. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) | Creamy Apple Cider Vinaigrette
ACV may inhibit the body’s ability to digest starch, which can help you shed pounds over time.
49. Almond Flour | Broccoli Tarts
Use this nutrient-rich flour in muffin, pancake, or cake recipes instead of white flour.
50. Whole Wheat Flour | Clean Eating Whole Wheat Tortillas
This type of flour retains the nutrients that are stripped from white flour. It produces a denser food, so mix it with white flour at a 1:1 ratio for pie crusts or cakes.
Don’t miss out on the latest from the SkinnyMs. kitchen—subscribe to our newsletter today.
Want to find more delicious, convenient clean-eating recipes? Check out our Pinterest boards Skinny Slow Cooker and Easy Recipes.