These simple oven-fried drumsticks make a fabulous meal. Flour is seasoned with paprika and poultry seasoning, along with a little curry powder and salt and pepper. The chicken is coated with the seasoned flour and then baked to crispy perfection in a hot oven.
Bake these drumsticks for a tailgating event or a game day party at home. They’re perfect for a picnic, too! The recipe is easily scaled up or down.
Related: Honey Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- 20 to 24 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter
- Heat oven to 450 F (230 C/Gas 8). Line two 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pans with heavy duty foil.
- In a food storage bag, combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika, curry powder, and poultry seasoning.
- Place 1/4 cup butter in each foil-lined pan. Place the pans in the oven to melt butter.
- Coat the chicken with seasoned flour mixture, shaking about three legs at a time in the bag. Place the chicken in the prepared pans in the melted butter.
- Bake the chicken legs in the preheated oven, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Turn the chicken over and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until tender and nicely browned.
*The minimum safe temperature for chicken is 165 F (74 C).*
Tips and Variations
- For Cajun chicken, replace the curry powder and poultry seasoning with 2 1/2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning. Reduce the salt to 1 teaspoon unless the seasoning is salt-free.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||188 g|
|Saturated Fat||56 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||74 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)